Albania is part of the Mediterranean zone. So it has a sunny and hot summer (40 C aren’t rare during July - August) and the winter is rainy but mild in the plains.
The best time to come
The best season to travel in Albania is between June and September. The end of the spring and the beginning of the autumn are the best moments.
The international airport “Mother Teresa” (known also as Rinas) is nearly 25 km far from Tirana and has many direct flights in Europe.
The principal cities that have direct flights are London, Frankfurt, Milan, Rome, Vienne, Zurich, Athens, Bologna, Budapest, Istanbul, etc. It has also a bus service from the airport to Tirana. You may find the bus station in Skanderbeg square every time.
The port of Durres is linked with the Italian port of Bari, Brindisi, Ancon, Trieste and Coprin in Slovenia.
- Tel. 00 355 52 2202 8
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The port of Saranda has every day a ferry line with the isle of Corfu.
- Tel. 00 355 732 2734 / 0732 2734
- E-mail: email@example.com
Port of Vlora from Brindisi and Otranto.
- Tel. 00 355 33 235 61 / 29 417
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kakavija is the southern border with Greece, you may arrive in Gjirokastra.
- Kapshtica is the border east-south with Greece, you may arrive in Korca.
- Through Qafe Boti – Konispol toward to Filat
- Through Three bridges it links Permeti with Konica.
- Through Hani Hotit and Murriqan –Sukubina you may arrive in the city of Shkodra and the lake of Shkodra.
- Through Ulqini in the southern border with Montenegro, you may arrive in Shkodra.
- You may pass through Vermosh where you may arrive in the region of Kelmend in Albania and Plava Gucia.
- Through Qafe Thana which is linked with Pogradec, Elbasan and Librazhd.
- From Tushemisht, in the south-east of Ohrid lake toward Pogradec.
- From Blade toward Peshkopia, Bulqiza and Burrel.
- From Gorica the mountainous route toward the north of Prespa lake.
- Qafa e Prushit
- Qafa e Morines
By bus service, you have the opportunity to travel from city to city:
- Tirana – Tetovo, Macedonia through Qafe Thana.
- Tirana – Prishtina and other cities of Kosovo through Morina.
- Korçë – Thessaloniki, Greece through Kapshtica.
- Tirana – Athens, through Kakavija.
- Tirana – Sofia – Bulgaria, Istanbul and Qafe Thana
Conditions and the obtaining of visas
The citizens of the countries who enter Albania without a visa:
- The Czech Republic
- Great Britain
- Holly Siege
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
All the citizens who have a valid Schengen visa with multiple entrances, type C or D, or a valid residence permit in one the countries member of Schengen, may enter and travel through Albania without a visa according to the valid deadline of visa or residence permit.
You may enter in Albania even with the Identification Card.